Sunday, October 12, 2008

Caught in Mid-thought

I realized a couple weeks ago that my profile is still incomplete. I did write a brief description of myself and I still consider it a crowning achievement because it is under 1,050 characters. I’m not sure who won the pool but I think it was a rather large sum of money…

Come to think of it…my sweetie was wearing some very nice pants this month…he normally only wears pants for “special” occasions such as painting the house, visiting old friends or buying his latte…hmmm…

Back to my profile! I realized that I never posted a photo of myself online. I’m not sure how important this is but I do feel a bit…naked…or a “voice without a head” so to speak. I wanted my photo to really capture "my essence" but I’m not much of a photographer. I also don’t have Photoshop to take care of those major blemishes…you know…especially the horrible one in the middle…what’s it called…oh yes, my face.

So here’s what I came up with, I call it, “Caught in Mid-thought.”



It takes a lot of energy for me to think...more than I would like to admit.

I also can’t remember anything so I have to write down everything before I forget but that is a separate drawing (one that involves me searching desperately for a pen and paper. Usually for 30 minutes).

So this is me when I’m thinking. And it’s really odd because people often ask me if I am okay. I have no idea what my face looks like when I am concentrating but I figure this drawing is fairly close. Note the arched eyebrows and pierced lips…well…my mouth is just a line in this drawing…I can’t really draw either…

I’m pretty sure my eyes do this because some people ask me if I need a drink of water or to sit down. My hair isn’t affected by my thinking…it’s always on the fritz.

I can assure you that I do feel fine and should feel even better when I have a spiffy new job some where over the damn rainbow where unicorns live in harmony with the damn elves and V.P.'s actually give a flying fuck.

0 comments: