Thursday, April 16, 2009

All Problems have Something

Usually problems have solutions. Barring this, they have something. Sometimes the somethings make sense and sometimes they do not...

I don’t mean to say that they are illogical but rather the solutions seem slightly askew.

Take for example the biometric readers that were installed in the sterile environment. Money was spent, time was invested and the units were installed in a sterile environment at my Sweetie’s old workplace.

If the workers took off their gloves, they would contaminate their work environment but if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be able to logon to the lab computer.

Now at some companies, this would be a problem but not at my Sweetie’s company.

My Sweetie was on the job and he was ready to save the day.

What I didn’t realize at the beginning of this story is that some of these units could be programmed to read a nose print…so my Sweetie helped the lab workers program the biometric unit to read their nose prints.

Sterile environment retained and employees could access their computers. Case closed! Problem solved! Hence forth, the fingerprint readers shall be known as nose print readers.

2 comments:

Dracenea said...

Hmm last time I checked, our noses did not have whorls and whatnot to identify each nose. So are they measuring pore size to determine if it's Bob or John logging in? hee hee

Babbling Banshee said...

I'm not sure what it is...at least pore size would be somewhat sanitary...except for that nasty grease stain on the scanner....

:)