Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Test Results are in

I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers
consultin' with the rain.


Well it took a while but the test results are in and I can finally breathe a sigh of relief.


And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin' if I only had a brain.


As usually, the test results took a long time to arrive at my doorstep but their arrival marks a turning point in my life and also sheds a new light on a mysterious work problem.


I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le
in trouble or in pain.


I was not surprised when I read the results. I believe they did a great service to me, my family, my friends and my poor colleagues.


With the thoughts you'll be thinkin'
you could be another Lincoln if you only had a brain.


This knowledge brings me enlightenment as well as a sense of empowerment. Now that I know the boundaries of my limitations and I can finally exceed them.


Oh, I could tell you why the ocean's near the shore.
I could think of things I never thunk before,
and then I'd sit, and think some more.


Who knew that my faulty brain still had the ability to find a balancing error in the millions? I must admit that it took me a while to find the error. I was rather sad because it was pretty obvious.


I would not be just a nothin' my head all full of stuffin’
my heart all full of pain.


Oddly enough, the consultants never mentioned this balancing error.


I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry
if I only had a brain.


As it happens, I do have a brain but, as you can see from the MRI test results, it is unremarkable. I should give it adequate time to warm up first before accelerating.

2 comments:

Antipaladin said...

Well, 'unremarkable' is certainly better than some alternatives.
It's really disconcerting to read in an official medial report something along the lines of:
"..My God, wtf is.. oh god!OH GOD!! AAAAaaaarrrgg~* (wet, gurgling crunching noises here)"

Granted, the latter is much more entertaining.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Thank you.....I have not replaced that Emily Dickinson poem with a song from the Wizard of Oz!!!