Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Conversation

I received a phone call from my old alma mater the other day. These are normally awkward conversations and yesterday’s conversation was no exception.

Hello is this Babbling Banshee?

Yes, it is I.

I just need to confirm some information with you. Is “blah” correct?

Oh yes, I still live here in this house with that phone number. You will be able to call me as often as the Portland Symphony.

Okay, that’s good. So the reason I’m calling is to see if you would like to contribute this year. As you may know, tuition is going up and we -

Um, actually I don’t have a job right now. I don’t think I can afford -

Yeah, you know, we’re like getting that a lot right now. Well whatever you can donate would be help a lot. Even $25 dollars -

Actually at the moment, things are looking bleak and I –

Okay, that’s cool. You have a nice evening! Bye!

Bleak. The new cool. :)

0 comments: