Monday, August 3, 2009

The Blissful Day Has Come!

For weeks, anticipation hung heavily in the air while whispering sweet nothings into my ear. And I listened to these sweet nothings like an obedient little school girl. Standing transfixed, I happily waiting for the moment to arrive as I mindlessly pulled the skirt of my fluffy dress over my head.

The wait is over! The blissful day is here and everything is sunshine, unicorns and children’s laughter.

Oh, but perhaps you heard the sweet nothings floating through the air? They were accompanied by an angelic melody that could only come from the Spheres of the Universe. The lyrics were only comprised of two words sung over and over into a harmonious refrain.

Perhaps you did not hear the song?
Perhaps you did not hear the harmonious refrain?
And what were the two words sung from the heavens?

“Jury Duty.”


I beg your pardon but I need to go over to my corner and pull the skirt of my dress over my head again…

1 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

LOL!! I am soooo sorry. :( Poor Banshee!!

Cheers!