Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just Can’t Make This Up

I meant to write a blog entry all day, but I was blocked by a lack of time, low energy and zero focus.

As luck would have it, I came upon several strange and wonderful (creatively speaking) Associated Press and Reuters articles featuring odd bits of news. Individually these articles deal with death, violence and drunken badgers – pretty serious subjects but together, these articles become more than the sum of their parts. They seem to form a gestalt entity if you will, more powerful than Voltron or Legion, that wields…okay, maybe not that far…

But I have to admit, I just can’t make this stuff up. Take a look at what the Associated Press and Reuters found:

1. Man dies after falling into vat of chocolate in NJ – AP
2. Cops: Nude man shows up at dental office days late – AP
3. Drunk badger blocks German road – AFP
4. Drunk badger disrupts traffic in Germany – Reuters
5. Ohio woman, 75, accused of beating fawn to death – AP
6. U.S. chicken feet are being booted out of China – Reuters
7. Game show looks to convert atheists – Reuters
8. Drunken tractor driver leads police on slow chase – Reuters
9. It’s not slang! Nev. Court permits ‘HOE’ license – AP
10. Turtles crawl on runway, delay flights at JFK – AP
11. Man ‘driving commando’ pulled over for speeding – AP

As they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Okay, stop the planet. I want to get off. Right now. I am done. The stupid people have finally taken over!

Babbling Banshee said...

It is awful! Drunken badgers and everything - it's a tragedy! Truly a crime!