Thursday, August 6, 2009

Is It a Sign?

If it is a sign, I'm not sure what it means...

I should back up a bit to tell you a tale of fascination, horror and laughter. Yesterday, I was returning from jury duty (a horrible experience that I do not want to repeat - but more on that later). I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed an old Chevy Suburban behind me. The vehicle was not far behind me but my annoyance gave way to fascination when I noticed it was orange.

At this point, you're probabling saying to yourself that my story seems pretty innocent. You might even be saying to yourself, "Oh Babbling Banshee, this story couldn't possibly end THAT way. That would be INSANE!" I must add that normally you would be correct.

Even I thought that there was no way that this story could end THAT way. No one would do that sort of thing...not to a Suburban...but over the years I've discovered how often I am wrong. I underestimate people and how they function...or move...or think... I've seen spinners on a minivan and racing stripes on a Chevy Suburban (at least, I think it was a Suburban but I was laughing too hard to tell).

And so the orange Suburban finally pulled up alongside me in the right lane. Yes Virginia, it was painted like the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard. I'm not sure what this means in the grand scheme of the universe but it did may me laugh. In a horrified sort of way.