Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sabbatical

Well, I do apologize for being away. Like so many others, I was unemployed for a number of months and had to really focus my energy on finding employment. I was finally able to find employment, but then I had to focus my energy on learning a new computer program (and in the process, I discovered how truly annoying some computer programmers are).

So, after many months of sending out resumes and attempting to converse with a self absorbed terrier, I am finally employed. And I find myself working with new people who are passionate about their job and they have a sense of humor. Yeah! Seriously! An honest sense of humor - apparently people in the real world still have a sense of humor. And they laugh! It's quite pleasant.

I almost forgot what real laughter was like. It's very nice

And by the end of 2009, I found that I had experienced a sort of mental cleansing...well...kind of...for me it resembled a colonic cleanse for my brain. Instead of constant intake of solid food, I was limited to living on lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. My only regret is that I did not shed any weight in the process.

I am now hoping to publish several blog posts and get back to drawing.

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Woohoo!!! You are back....and they laugh at your new job......really? Wow, I am sad now :D

Good to hear from you again.

Cheers!

Babbling Banshee said...

Goodness, I either have time and no energy or energy and no time...

It's good to be back! :)