Sunday, February 7, 2010

I am Naive

I knew potty training videos existed.

I knew parents played these videos for their children as they drove home from daycare.

I did not realize the amazing clarity of the overhead LCD monitors in the minivans. The minivan that I followed home the other night had an amazing LCD monitor in the cabin. Despite being outside the minivan and traveling around 50 or 60 mph, I did not miss a single moment in Henry’s potty training adventure. It was totally awesome! Actually, I’m not too sure how fast I was traveling but I do remember the sheer exuberance of that cute little dancing bear when Henry dropped a kid off at the pool.

And let me add, Henry had an AMAZING party going on in the bathroom. A celebration filled with an ovation, dancing and an encore performance.

In retrospect, the color of the monitor seemed a bit off because the bear had a red hue (though I can’t be completely certain because I was about 15 to 20 feet from the monitor).

I certainly hope these parents adjust the color on that monitor as it might detract from Henry’s celebration.


The video for all ages! And all drivers!


A must-have for all vehicles who drive in front of me!

4 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

So....where you being towed by the van? I am a bit worried that you were watching TV while driving. But I guess that is okay, just don't text and drive.... :D

I would be concerned about my kids watching a potty training video in a moving car....what if the was to practice what they watch - EEWWW!

Cheers!

Babbling Banshee said...

A distracted driver? Me? No way, I caught that entire video while driving down the road.

No cell phone but I had one heck of a view with Ol' Henry. Poor thing, probably needs to add more fiber to his diet.

I wondered about kids practicing potty training in the car. I have no clue if a child would have this kind of urge but it would probably be a good idea to invest in some tinted windows for the minivan.

Jeff said...

TV screens are not allowed in the front seat where drivers can see them but I guess it is ok if the cars behind you can see them? If they made the screens really big (say 30") then it would be like going to a drive-in while driving!? Just tune the radio for the sound. A tub of popcorn in the the console and a soda in the cup holder. You're all ready for a 2hr road trip!!!

Babbling Banshee said...

Ooo! A driving drive-in movie? I like this new version of watching a movie!
Moderation of an old classic and this time around, we can multitask!
I especially like the popcorn idea. Cars now have enough cup holders to take on the popcorn task!