Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Serenade at Work

Okay B, I thought I could just walk away but…why do you have a jar of marshmallow crème on your desk?

What, that? Oh, it’s been there a while. I can’t seem to find a place to store it. Hey, want to know something interesting? I was serenaded at work yesterday.

Serenaded? How does that happen at work? Did somebody come to your workplace and start singing?

He works there and let me just admit that I was NOT expecting that. I’m not sure that it counts as a serenade because he was singing along with a recording.

What song?

I think it was something by Kiss.

What, you don’t know who was singing?! You don’t even know the song?! How, how can you not know?! Wait a minute…weren’t you a music major in college?

Oh that degree doesn’t count…look…let me just say that I was mortified...actually that is a very harsh description; I should say I was a bit stunned.

You? You were stunned? Were you actually speechless? Wow, that’s a new one. How was his singing?

Luckily his performance was above par. He faired better than the pubescent girls belting out Motley Crue songs at the local eatery on family karaoke night. He was fairly decent and he could almost carry a tune but I do feel cheated as there was no air guitar.

No air guitar?

Not one lick but thankfully his tat did have flames.

Well, that is something to be thankful for. You do know it’s a sin not to sing along with a Kiss recording.

Oh yes, I know, my parents raised me properly…I’ve just be very neglectful these last few months. By the way, don’t go to your local eatery on Tuesdays.

Thanks for the heads up!

Other Performances:
Today's Performance, Back from Hiatus,

0 comments: